Welcome to We Were Here in Rocket League! We Were Here is a cooperative puzzle game in which the two players have to work together in order to get to the end! And that's exactly what this is, just the puzzles are harder and incorporate Rocket League mechanics!
Thank you to all the beta-testers
Thank you to all the beta testers who helped me with this map! Without you, this wouldn't have been possible. Thank you to...
- Whiffing Pro
- Mr. Swaggles
- Balanced Waffle
When you load into the game, you should be looking at a black screen. This is normal, and is done in order to give the map time to load. At the beginning of the game, you decide which role you would like to play, the librarian or the explorer. There can only be 2 people in the game, more than this or any spectators causes the map to break. The Explorer is blue and the Librarian is Orange. Both Players must work together in order to solve all of the puzzles and reach the end to discover 2 different endings and a bonus ending!
Needed before starting
There are a few things you need in order to run this map. You need both the Workshop Textures and Netcode Plugin. Without these, this map will not run.
Turn off Bloom in Video Settings (Shadows are fine, but might make your car darker than usual). Most of the textures in this map were custom made, and with bloom on, it makes them hard to see.
Match Length: Unlimited
READ BEFORE PLAYING
There are a few things I need to mention before you get into the map so you're not confused.
- The map must be launched with Rocket Plugin, this is the only way NetCode works
- The doors don't have collision to prevent massive frame rate issues and sometimes you could go through them, so they will instead teleport you away from them.
- You can play this map multiple times. Every single sequence is randomized and has variations. A duplicate variation is purely coincidental.
- WARNING: You will not be able to save replays. Teleporting a player crashes the replays and this action is crucial to the workings of this map. Also, a replay over 30 minutes long tends to crash the game.
- If you want to replay this map, restart from kickoff in match admin doesn't work. You will need to make a new lobby